Farmer, Mackson Sakala
Mackson Sakala runs a farm with pigs, chickens, peanuts, soya beans and vegetables. His farm suffered heavily from drought. Jacana helped him with the first rope pump in the area. Now the farm in Zambia has water throughout the year. Good for rearing pigs, chicken, garden and in many ways for the family to.
Thanks to locally made pump,
Want to know more about the Water for Zambia programme?
We stopped adding monitoring data after August 2016.
- Rik and Mozes made a soil punch and Mzuzu drill
- Rik, Reuben, Patric, Osward and Mozes deepend the well of Mr. Sakala without going inside.
- Pump is installed
- Osward and Mozes made a Groud water Recharge system that collects clean rain water from the roof and puts it into the ground.
- Mr. Mackson Sakala expanded his farm again and restarted the vegetable garden.
Mr. Mackson Sakala is a retired field officer from the Msekera research center. He was been working in almost all corners of Zambia.
He has a wife and three sons and lots of grandchildren.
Jacana will support Mackson Sakala:
- Deepening the well to access ground water again
- Providing a pump
- Implemented a ground water recharge system to prevent the borehole from running dry in future.