We are starting a new three-year water project, sponsored by Marie-Stella-Maris, and a lot is involved.
Basically it will be a copy-paste story and it should be easy with the experience we have gained in Chipata, but we can’t get away with it that easily. The bridge to Lundazi has collapsed and it takes us an extra hour of bumping along a sandy road to get there. We are dealing with two districts, Lundazi and Chasefu, some 187 km from Chipata. Chasefu is still a young district and was part of the Lundazi district until 2018. Two districts means two local authorities, two district water authorities, two Chiefs, two project areas and so on.
We have decided to open our new office in Lundazi “town”. Lundazi is the center of the two districts. It has around 20,000 inhabitants, but is expanding rapidly.
After a short search, we found two small houses on a fairly large walled plot close to the center of Lundazi town. One house serves as an office and the other serves as Jacana’s base for staff. At the moment we are building a simple structure on site, where we will provide the three-week technical training and possibly other training courses later. There is also enough space to manually drill boreholes during training.
Before we started, we introduced the program to the local authorities and they approved. Everyone we speak to is very enthusiastic and extremely helpful because water is a serious problem in this area.
In the month of February we started looking for drillers and welders. Interviews were held with 13 welders and 31 drillers. Everyone was asked about the motivation and how they think they can expand their existing business with the new knowledge they will gain in business and technical training. In the end, 12 welders and 13 drillers were invited for the three-day business, financial and marketing training.
This training was given in the first three weeks of March by our local trainers Bester and Pious. During the training the most promising and motivated drillers and welders were chosen for the technical training.The technical training starts on 15 April
with the training of 4 welders. Henk Holtslag from the Netherlands will train them in the first week how to make drill sets. After that they will be trained by Brighton Kaniki from Malawi in how to produce rope pumps. During these two or three weeks, Gideon Phiri from Chipata, will be trained as a trainer in producing drilling sets and rope pumps.
The training of 8 drillers in manual drilling of boreholes according to the SHIPO and Mzuzu method starts on 23 April. They use the drill sets made by the local welders a week earlier. Hastings Mbewe and Moses Banda from Chipata will provide the training under the supervision of Laban Kaduma from Tanzania.
After this technical training, Jacana hopes that the three potential technical trainers from Chipata are experienced enough to independently provide training in the future.
After the training, the drillers and welders can work under the supervision of experienced drillers and a welder from Chipata. Boreholes will be drilled and pumps installed at the workshops of the welders and the houses of the drillers. These will serve as promotional material to attract customers.
In Lundazi we also want to start working on Self-supply, so that customers can go directly to the welders and/or drillers for a borehole with pump. But we are not there yet, first we want to train the welders and the drillers and introduce the project in the two project areas Katandala and Kasongolo and make a start with the Show case area. More about that in a later newsletter.
Jacana Business Empowerment HQ, Chipata, Moth extension, Zambia
Jacana Business Empowerment office at: -15°01’53.2″South and 28°12’19.5″East
Jacana Business Empowerment, Lundazi oposite FRA scheds, Zambia
Jacana Business Empowerment Lundazi office
at: -12°17’43.2″ South and 33°10’49.5″ East
WaterAid Zambia and Jacana signed a Memorandum of Understanding for five years. Both parties foresee challenges realising Sustainable Development Goal 6.1 by 2030, achieve universal and equitable access to safe and affordable drinking water for all.
The biggest problem for Zambia will be to provide water for everybody, also people living in small communities. Zambia is sparsely populated (average 23 people/km²). Until now Government and many NGO’s use machine drilled boreholes with India Mark2 community pumps. This approach was designed for 250 users in a radius of 500 m (250 people/0.78 km² = 318 people/km²). The costs per water user in the community of for example 100 users is 180$ and for communities of 50 users the costs is 380$ per user for this conventional approach. Which donor would be willing to pay that? More important: which small community will be able to maintain these expensive solutions?
Zambia is not the only sparsely populated country in Africa. The images show number of people per km².
What should we do: leave those people behind without safe water? Or are we looking for other options?
Jacana and WaterAid will research alternative options to reach everybody in Zambia.
We will be looking at a practical mix of Self-supply, more affordable solutions, different ownership models and combining water with income generation. Self-supply means that families buy their own water source without interference from Government or NGO’s.
Jacana worked for the last two years in Chipata District and trained manual drillers and local pump manufacturers, this is called SMART water solutions. SMART stands for Simple Market based Affordable Repairable Technologies. At this moment, 112 families in Zambia have their own affordable borehole with rope pump made by 18 local entrepreneurs. These private owned pumps not only provide water for their households, on average each pump also serves 10 families in the neighbourhood. Water is a resource that is shared free of cost. Manual drilling of boreholes is possible in 90% of Zambia. In fact, SMART manual drillers receive requests from all over Zambia and have already been drilling successfully in several corners of the country.
WaterAid and Jacana understand that not every family in Zambia can afford a borehole with a pump. Together we investigate ways to reach families with limited budget. For example, Zambian Government already gives out subsidies for fertilizer to small scale rural farmers. This is the exact same target group. Maybe in future a similar subsidy could be established for affordable water solutions? Together with WaterAid, Jacana will look into this and other options.
To our great joy we can announce that Jacana has been chosen as the winner of the 2018/2019 Jobena Award.This is a huge recognition and boost for Jacana’s work.
Jobena Foundation was founded in 1996 with the aim of supporting cultural projects and development projects and every two years an award is given to a project that has self-development as an effort and goal.
Jobena jury says about Jacana: “We are charmed by the approach of Jacana and how they embed small scale self-development in local population.”
On 3 February Jacana was awarded the Jobena prize 2018/2019 in Amersfoort. This took place during an event organized by both Jobena and Jacana.
After a welcome speech by the chairperson of Jobena Foundation, Cilia van Tiel, Rik Haanen explained, by showing a video, how Jacana supports small Zambian entrepreneurs. People asked interesting questions after watching the video.
After a drink and a snack, an auction was organized; the proceeds were doubled by Jobena. The public was more than willing to offer on paintings, dinners and other curiosities. In the end the total amount of 18,297.57 euro’s was handed over to Jacana board members.
Jobena Foundation, thanks again for the recognition we received as Jacana through this award!
- March 28, 2019 : Jacana opens an office in Lundazi, maart 2019
- March 1, 2019 : WaterAid and Jacana, February 2019
- January 25, 2019 : How is the Eastern Manual Drilling cooperative limited doing? January 2019
- December 22, 2018 : Visit Sally Sutton & Jobena doubles, December 2018
- November 28, 2018 : Tutorial: Manual borehole drilling in 15 minutes, Nov 2018
- October 17, 2018 : Professionalizing of manual drilling, Oct 2018
- September 29, 2018 : Jacana won Jobena Award 2018/2019
- August 15, 2018 : A day working in Khova Ward, August 2018
- July 6, 2018 : Technical training, July 2018
- May 9, 2018 : The power of female entrepreneurs. May 2018
- April 13, 2018 : Self-supply works, April 2018
- March 16, 2018 : Visit of Bee-expert, Maart 2018
- February 20, 2018 : Gray is not always old, Feb. 2018
- January 19, 2018 : Entrepreneurs fight against cholera, Jan. 2018
- December 22, 2017 : Entrepreneur's benefit in 2017
- November 9, 2017 : Working visit (part 2), October 2017
- October 10, 2017 : Working visit, September 2017
- September 7, 2017 : SMART entrepreneurs are popular, Aug 2017
- August 17, 2017 : What a pump can do for B&B, July 2017
- July 20, 2017 : Follow progress of drillers live, June 2017
- June 13, 2017 : Water is business, May 2017
- May 11, 2017 : And now..., April 2017
- April 6, 2017 : Results of SMARTech training, March 2017
- March 2, 2017 : SMART technical training, Feb. 2017
- February 2, 2017 : Some results from 2016, Jan. 2017
- December 15, 2016 : Wild Geeze doubles “Water for Zambia”, Dec. 2016
- November 25, 2016 : SMART Centres sharing skills, Nov. 2016
- November 2, 2016 : Store Rain water in largest & cheapest tank, Oct. 2016
- October 4, 2016 : Water for Zambia, Sept. 2016
- September 1, 2016 : Discover SMART shopping, Aug 2016
- August 3, 2016 : Where did these 3 wise men came from? (Juli 2016)
- July 5, 2016 : A Proud Entrepreneur, June 2016
- May 2, 2016 : Entrepreneurs for water & Water for entrepreneurs. May 2016
- April 5, 2016 : First time ever Lean Canvas Training in local language Nyanja. April 2016
- March 2, 2016 : In one blow 60% further. March 2016
- February 4, 2016 : How do you become visible? Feb 2016
- January 5, 2016 : Some highlights of the last half year! (Jan 2016)
- December 3, 2015 : In audience with the Vice President, Mrs. Inonge Wina (Dec 2015)
- November 12, 2015 : Hi subscriber, Jacana started guiding the 3 ladies, Nov 2015
- October 1, 2015 : HIM = 3 times a Lady, Oct 2015
- September 8, 2015 : Hi subscriber, Jacana facilitated the first 3-days basic training, Sept 2015
- August 13, 2015 : Backstage Meet & Greet pass for subscriber subscriber, Aug 2015
- July 2, 2015 : Good news from the Tax authorities and more subscriber subscriber, July 2015
- May 26, 2015 : Preparation for Zambia subscriber subscriber, June 2015
- May 1, 2015 : 1st May launching Jacana Business Empowerment
- March 27, 2019 : Jacana opent een kantoor in Lundazi, maart 2019
- February 28, 2019 : WaterAid en Jacana, februari 2019
- January 25, 2019 : Hoe doet Eastern Manual Drilling cooperative limited het? Januari 2019
- December 21, 2018 : Bezoek van Sally en Jobena verdubbeld, december 2018
- December 3, 2018 : Nog even snel een cadeautje kopen?
- November 27, 2018 : Tutorial: Handmatig borehole drilling in 15 minuten, nov 2018
- October 16, 2018 : Professionalisering van handmatig drillen, okt 2018
- September 28, 2018 : Jacana winnaar Jobenaprijs 2018/2019
- August 11, 2018 : Een dagje werken in Khova Ward, aug 2018
- July 25, 2018 : Droogte, juli 2018
- July 5, 2018 : Technische training, juli 2018
- May 8, 2018 : De kracht van de vrouwelijke ondernemer, mei 2018
- April 12, 2018 : Self-supply werkt, April 2018
- March 15, 2018 : Bijen expert op bezoek, Maart 2018
- February 19, 2018 : Grijs is niet perse oud, Feb. 2018
- January 18, 2018 : Ondernemers bestrijden Cholera, Jan. 2018
- December 21, 2017 : Voordelen voor ondernemers in 2017
- November 29, 2017 : Lieve Sinterklaas, Nov 2017
- November 9, 2017 : Werkbezoek (deel 2), Oktober 2017
- October 10, 2017 : Werkbezoek, September 2017
- September 7, 2017 : SMART ondernemers gaan de boer op, Aug 2017
- August 17, 2017 : Wat een pomp kan doen voor B&B, juli 2017
- July 20, 2017 : Volg live de voortgang van de drillers, Juni 2017
- June 13, 2017 : Water is business, Mei 2017
- May 11, 2017 : En nu verder..., April 2017
- April 6, 2017 : We komen op TV, Maart 2017
- March 20, 2017 : Wereldwaterdag: Wandelen voor water
- March 2, 2017 : SMART technische training, Feb. 2017
- February 2, 2017 : Enkele resultaten uit 2016, Jan. 2017
- December 15, 2016 : Wilde Ganzen verdubbelt “Water voor Zambia”, Dec. 2016
- November 25, 2016 : SMART Centres delen kennis, Nov. 2016
- November 2, 2016 : Sla Regenwater op in grootste & goedkoopste tank, Okt. 2016
- October 4, 2016 : Water voor Zambia, Sept. 2016
- September 1, 2016 : Ontdek het SMART Shoppen, Aug 2016
- August 4, 2016 : Waar kwamen die 3 wijzen plots vandaan? (juli 2016)
- July 6, 2016 : Een Trotse Ondernemer, juni 2016
- May 2, 2016 : Water Door en Voor ondernemers. Mei 2016
- April 5, 2016 : Nu ook training in de lokale taal. April 2016
- March 1, 2016 : In een klap 60% verder. Mrt 2016
- February 4, 2016 : Hoe word je zichtbaar? Feb 2016
- January 5, 2016 : Enkele hoogtepunten van het laatste half jaar! (Jan 2016)
- December 3, 2015 : Op audiëntie bij de Vice President, Mevr. Inonge Wina (Dec 2015)
- November 12, 2015 : Hoi subscriber, Jacana is gestart met de begeleiding van de 3 dames, Nov 2015
- October 1, 2015 : HIM = 3 keer een Vrouw, Oct 2015
- September 8, 2015 : Hoi subscriber, de eerste drie daagse basis training is afgerond, Sept 2015
- August 13, 2015 : Backstage Meet & Greet pas voor subscriber subscriber, Aug 2015
- July 2, 2015 : Goed nieuws van de belastingdienst subscriber subscriber, juli 2015
- May 26, 2015 : Op naar Zambia subscriber subscriber, juni 2015
- May 1, 2015 : 1 Mei, de lancering van Jacana Zaken Empowerment
Learn manual borehole drilling in tutorial below. Jacana SMART Centre trains manual drillers of boreholes. It’s very difficult to explain what is happening deep under the surface (40m).This tutorial is a combination of videos and animations and shows also...read more
De Kerstman shop-t al Jaren online, zo ook dit jaar, gewoon in de winkel die hij gewend is. Echter dit jaar doet hij dat via deze link https://www.sponsorkliks.com/winkels.php?club=6138 zodat een gezin in Afrika ook van zijn gulle gift geniet.En het...read more
Lieve Sinterklaas, Nog even snel een kado kopen?Zonder naar de winkel te lopen? Regel het hier on-lijn,zonder dat er extra kosten zijn. Steun de mensen op ' t Afrikaanse continent,terwijl u vriend en familie verwend. Het kado is op tijd,en een Zambiaans...read more
Current Situation Over the past year Jacana supported the trained welders and drillers in expanding their business. It is time to view the current situation. There are 4 welders and 14 drillers actively engaged in producing pumps, drilling boreholes and...read more
SMART symposium Simple, Market-based, Affordable, Repairable, Technologies. A practical approach to reach SDG 1, 2, 3, 6 and 8 November 13 to 16, 2018 in Mzuzu, Malawi SMART stands for Simple, Market-based, Affordable and Repairable...read more
Although the first generation has just started, it seems like Khova ward in Zambia is already developing a new generation of manual drillers. Here under: the first generation trained and mentored in June 2018 by Jacana SMART Centre Zambia....read more
What can we learn from this picture about sustainable development and reaching united nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Jacana SMART Centre Zambia presented “Boosting rural economies and creating sustainable water supplies for the most...read more
Jacana and trained entrepreneurs from the water sector will demonstrate their knowledge on provincial agriculture and commercial show in Chipata stadium next Friday and Saturday, July 6 and 7.read more
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HZ5xBIezuN0?fs=1;autoplay=0;rel=0;controls=1;showinfo=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen"></iframe><!-- [et_pb_line_break_holder] --> Jacana has been able...read more
Position: Field officer in Water Sector Location: Starting in Chipata and maybe later during the year other districts in Eastern Province Start Date: 1-8-2018 Background Jacana supports small Zambian entrepreneurs in realizing...read more
With the deepest heartfelt condolences to the family and friends, we wish to announce the passing on of our beloved and hardworking driller Mr. Steven Zulu who passed away on Friday 13th April 2018. Steven was trained by Jacana in manual drilling, as an...read more
Jacana SMART Training Center trained a year ago welders and drillers to expand their businesses. The welders have learned how to make a rope pump using local materials and the drillers how to drill boreholes manually up to 40 meters deep. In addition, they...read more
We regret to announce the passing on of our treasurer Mr. John Vaessens, who died on Sunday 1-4-2018. John was involved in Jacana Netherlands from the very beginning. He was working as our treasurer with a lot of dedication, passion and selflessness. Our...read more
Come and drill yourself a borehole. See you 5 or 6 April 8:00 - 12:00 at Msekera Research Centre field days next week in Chipata.read more
Frank Leenen was in Zambia and helped five beekeepers: Maria, Chrispin, Brandson, Phiri and Bridgit. General reaction : There is some much we still need to learn. Frank, thanks so much but you have to stay longer!read more
International training course “Market-led SMARTechs for water and agriculture” 19th to 23rd of March 2018 in Mzuzu, Malawi The SMART Centre SNV are organising an introductory short course to provide policy makers and practitioners in water and...read more
Entrepreneurs for Water disinfect open wells for free. Now let's work together and see how we can solve the issue. People need water and will have to use the water that is available to them. Reality is that not everybody has pipeline water and many simply...read more
Several communities have worked hard constructing toilets. They are officially declared Open Defecation Free. Now clean water is coming their way thanks to a donation from the "Marie-Stella-Maris foundation".read more
George had to pay for a water truck to bring water to his building site. After a simple calculation he decided to invest in a rope pump instead of paying for the truck. He not only safes money but now the house also has water once it is completed. George...read more
Small scale entrepreneur create jobs and they show that it is possible to escape poverty on own power. Some of them need a little well targeted support. Watch their video at https://jacana.help/entrepreneurs and give to one of them.read more
Loving, caring and dedicated teacher Petronella Kuwenda runs a private pre-school. She wants to expand but needs safe water for the children. Drillers and pump producers (trained by Jacana) from the same area will help her.read more
With the affordable pump and hand drilled borehole, Uveren' Gapi Jere now extended her farmland and farms even in dry season.read more
Farmer James Mbewe provides free water to his community. Each bucket they get, helps James irrigate his garden. This way 50 families have free water and James can farm the whole year.read more
Joshua lost his entire tomatoes harvest because of drought. With an affordable and easy to repair pump he will never lose a harvest again this way.read more
Congratulations Dinie!read more
Sally Sutton represents Jacana SMART Centre Zambia at the International waTER Conference on September 18-20, 2017 at the University of Oklahoma.read more
SMART Centres present at World Water Week in Stockholm, 27 August – 1 September, 2017 visit Booth nr 18. Learn about SMARTechs like Manual drilling, handpumps, groundwater recharge...read more
Agri Pro focus is a network for business minded farmers. On 24 and 25 August 2017 more than 500 local farmers met in Chipata. Jacana SMART Centre was present, drilling in the garden of the hotel, demonstrating a working rope pump. Local trained entrepreneurs pitched...read more
Jacana SMART Centre presents at WEDC: "How can Self-supply help reaching SDG6?" Tuesday 25 July – afternoon 15.30 – 17.00 Loughborough University UK, Session C5: Room WPT003 Let's talk at the exhibition site SMART Centre Group.read more
SMART Centre Jacana is monitoring all new boreholes and pumps. Most pumps are partly sponsored but already now, 4 months after training, Self-supply started. Two boreholes with pumps are privately bought. Have a look at https://jacana.help/mwater and witness the...read more
On 16th June, Jacana called a follow up meeting for the welders and drillers who received the technical training in March. During this meeting, entrepreneurs had the opportunity to highlight challenges and discuss possible solutions to the challenges. The...read more
Jacana closed this year’s first quarter with her usual 3 day entrepreneurship training significantly dominated by young and potential entrepreneurs.This time Jacana trained a mix of experienced and start-up entrepreneurs, this combination created an atmosphere of...read more
Jacana selected some villages around Chipata where 50 partly sponsored pumps will be installed. Families will be the owners of the pumps and are responsible for the maintenance. These families have a plan to earn some money with the pump, because they get access to...read more
The welders produced the first rope pump in their own workshop. Jacana monitors the quality and if the pump is of good quality, the welders get money for production of four more pumps. The first pump will be installed in front of their workshop as an example. The...read more
The drillers are manually drilling boreholes at their own workshop and the workshops of the welders, this to gain experience and to make working examples to convince potential clients. Jacana monitors and guides the proces.read more
Jacana on Dutch national TV Jacana will be on Dutch national Television NPO2 this morning 9 April 11:57 on channel 2 just before the news in a programe of WildeGanzenNL .read more
Walk for water 2017 Wednesday (March 22 2017), pupils of Montessori Green Ring Doves (all locations) walked for water. Each with 6 liters of water on their backs through the Horsterpark in Duiven, the Netherlands. Mayor Rik de Lange opened the event at 9:00 and and...read more
EMAS pump production training On 27th of February, Jacana invited all welders and drillers for a training in Emas pump production. This was an amazing and successful task for all of them, as shown in the picture. They are testing their first Emas pump. it was really...read more
How Castricum supported Water for Zambia The foundation "Castricum helpt Muttathara" build the foundation for Jacana SMART water centre Zambia through their support to the "Water for Zambia" programme. Here a snapshot of some results: We are very pleased that...read more
SMART Centres at RWSN conference Several SMART Centres have been allocated time to share their experience at Rural Water Supply Network forum (RWSN) to be held on 29th Nov - 2nd Dec: Presentations: "Drilling & Hand-dug wells. Manual SHIPO and Mzuzu drilling)"...read more
How SMART Centres contribute to SDG6 How SMART Centres contribute to Sustainable Development Goal 6: "Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all" Presentation by Jacana at Ministry of Local Government and Housing, Zambia...read more
Online shops donate to Jacana 300 Online shops contribute a percentage of your purchase to Jacana. It does not cost you anything extra. So next time you go to your online shop go via this link:: https://www.sponsorkliks.com. It does not cost you anything extra. For...read more
Presentation at World Water Week Stockholm Today interesting presentation on "SMART Centres: Water & jobs by training local entrepreneurs" @siwi_water World Water Week, Stockholm 16:00-17:30! How can we provide sustainable water to rural Africa with Simple Market...read more
First Lean Canvas Business training in Nyanja For the First time ever Jacana facilitated the business training in a local African language (Nyanja). The trainees completed all the steps of the Lean Canvas Model under guidance of Pious. The training was evaluated as...read more
Four volunteer Experts active for Jacana At the moment (Febr 2016), there are four volunteer experts active in guiding entrepreneurs under the Jacana programme: Jeanette Biesbroeck for Ireen Le Tran for Wamunjima Jeroen Reith for Xavier Maren Bruin for Joseph &...read more
The Rabobank believes in our approach. The Rabobank staff fund covers 60% of the guidance costs for 8 small entrepreneurs in Zambia. This also means that the remaining 40% needs to be covered by crowd funding.read more
1 Jan 2016 Preparing for water Jacana researches the possibilities to develop a SMART training centre for low cost water Technologies, a centre similar as SHIPO in Tanzania. This centre fits perfectly with the current method of Jacana, entrepreneurs depending on water...read more
Make your practical Business Plan on the air. Tune in, together we will make your practical business plan and teach you how to use it. Radio PAN African 105.1 FM Monday 21 Dec 14:00 Lines are open we answer your questions on Monday 21 Dec 14:00-15:00 (radius of 100 km...read more
Vice President, Mrs. Inonge Wina, receives Jacana in audience. Wednesday 25 of November Jacana together with Farise visited the Vice President. The visit was initiated by two potential female MP’s (Members of Parliament). The Vice President and the future PM’s want to...read more
Train the trainer Jacana started the second series of business, financial and marketing training for entrepreneurs who want to expand their businesses. One goal of Jacana is to train local trainers. Pious took over a part of the business training under guidance of...read more
Second training session started Jacana started in November with the second business, financial and marketing training for fifteen enthusiastic small entrepreneurs from Zambia.read more
New employee Since 1 November Pious Nyirongo works for Jacana. Pious has a diploma in Human Resource Management and worked for a mine company as assistant HR. After that he worked as guest house manager and HR manager for GCMF. In his free time he is a senior Pastor...read more
Donation from The Johanna Donk-Grote Foundation The Johanna Donk-Grote Foundation supports three of the four basic trainings over a period of one year. Jacana selects from these trainings the most promising entrepreneurs for an intensive program. These entrepreneurs...read more
Jacana started guiding the three selected ladies. Follow data on guidance at the project pages: Hilda, Ireen and Mirriamread more
Jacana facilitated the first 3-days basic training During this training the participants were trained in writing a business , financial and marketing plan. All participants went home with the first version of their own business and financial plan for expanding their...read more
First meeting of Zambian Board The board for the Zambian branch of Jacana has met for the first time on 10th of August. This experienced and motivated team will guide the foundation in to a bright future. Read all about their backgrounds here.read more
Startup Witness how cost efficient the new Zambian Jacana office is being furnished and watch how the "data centre" is equipped to overcome all kinds of (unfortunately common) power problems.read more
Arrival in Zambia Dinie and Rik arrived on 23rd of June in Lusaka, they travelled from there to their new home. The staff of Group Farm project in Chisamba welcomed them warmly. For now the Jacana-Zambia office will be located on this project site along the Great...read more
Good news from TAX authorities Jacana has been awarded with a ANBI certificate from the Dutch Tax Authorities. Therefore Dutch donors can benefit from tax deductions up to 52%. See: https://jacana.help/about/anbi Already 65% (€ 19,491.-) of the start-up...read more
31 May 2015 Donation of Haëlla Foundation Haëlla Foundation funded Jacana for the basic training of Zambian entrepreneurs. Jacana will conduct this year four basic trainings and Jacana will select from these trainings the most promising entrepreneurs for an intensive...read more
1 May 2015 A perfect day to launch Jacana Business Empowerment Jacana supports small African entrepreneurs in realizing their plans to grow by linking them to experienced experts in the same sector. “Small investment, big impact”read more
31 Mar 2015 Board in the Netherlands Jacana Business Empowerment foundation was founded on 31st of March 2015. The board signed the statute at a notary office in Maastricht. Members of the board: Chairman: Rik Haanen Secretary: Laura Kurth Treasurer: John Vaessens...read more