|Position:||Technical field officer in Water Sector|
|Location:||Starting in Petauke and maybe later during the year other districts in Eastern Province|
|Start Date:||1 September 2021|
Jacana supports small Zambian entrepreneurs in realizing their plans to grow. Jacana has two departments one is focussing on general entrepreneurs and the other on entrepreneurs in the water sector.
Jacana’s water sector activities are:
- Training and guiding Entrepreneurs for Water (E4W) in production of Simple, Market based, Affordable and Repairable Technologies (SMART) like locally made pumps and drilling equipment, manually drilled boreholes and installation of pumps.
- Training and guiding Water for Entrepreneurs (W4E), families who use water for business and household.
Both groups are trained in business, financial and marketing skills and will be mentored for at least one year to manage and expand their businesses. For more information, study https://jacana.help.
Together with the manager you will be responsible for the logistics, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of water projects.
- (Assist in) training of entrepreneurs in business, financial and marketing skills, you will be trained to become a trainer.
- Assist in technical trainings of welders, manual drillers, pump installers and borehole siters.
- Monitor and evaluate the entrepreneurs in the water sector, visits to drilling sites, monitor welders who produce hand pumps and quality control of installed pumps in the field.
- Guide the entrepreneurs in expanding their businesses.
- Assist in writing reports.
- Any other task that may be assigned to you by your superior.
- School certificate with five year working experience.
- You have interest, experience, affinity and feeling for technical matters.
- Strong verbal and writing skills in Nsenga, Nyanja and English.
- ICT skills are a must: Microsoft Word and Excel etc.
- You are flexible, willing to learn and able to work in a small team.
- You can work independently.
- You have a valid motor driver’s license.
How to apply
Are you interested to work in a small team and you are living in Eastern Province of Zambia, then we ask you to write a letter of interest and send us your CV before 16th of August 2021.
SORRY, THIS VACANCY IS PAST THE DEADLINE AND THEREFORE CLOSED.