Goals of the “Water for Zambia” project are:
• Welders produce pumps locally and sell them.
• Well diggers drill boreholes manually and create a business.
• Zambians can buy pumps for private and business use.
• Sustainable water provision.
• Farmers can farm throughout the year instead of 4 months.
• Women don't have to walk far distances for water.
• Cost reduction of 40% compared with conventional pumps.
• Sustainability will increase, because technique and spare parts are locally available
• Self-supply is created, meaning that people buy the pumps directly from the Jacana trained entrepreneurs. The water related products and services are usually provided on a commercial basis by local private enterprises.